International Graduate School Admissions
CONSIDERATION FOR ADMISSION
正规体育投注You are an incoming international student if you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
Please review the requirements listed below that you must submit in addition to the application for admission to be considered for acceptance to graduate school at Colorado School of Mines. If you have any questions at any point, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office.
Please ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline date. The deadlines are for complete applications, meaning all required documentation must be submitted by that date. Applications will be reviewed with unofficial transcripts and test scores. If you are accepted into the program the official application materials must正规体育投注 be received by the Graduate Admissions Office before you can register for classes. If additional official documentation is needed, in addition to that listed below, you will be notified.
Transcripts from all current and previous institutions (unofficial transcripts and marksheets may be used for the review process) in the original language as well as an English version are required for the review process. If admitted, official copies of all transcripts will be needed and all international transcripts will need to be accompanied by a certified English translation and course-by-course credential evaluation(s) for each university attended. If any coursework is in progress, please order the evaluation after正规体育投注 the in progress work has been completed. The preferred agencies are and . Other will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please designate Mines as a copy recipient of your evaluation.
You may upload unofficial copies of transcripts through the online system. Uploaded transcripts must contain both your name and the name of the institution.
- Transcripts are marked “unofficial” if your degree is not complete and is still “in progress”.
- Transcripts are marked “unofficial” if they are not in a sealed envelope from the university.
- International transcripts are marked “unofficial” if there is not a certified and stamped literal English translation and course-by-course evaluation completed by a NACES member as well as an official copy in the original language.
- International transcripts are marked “unofficial” if there is not a certified literal English translation of your diploma or certification of completion as well as a certified copy in the original language.
If applicable, one (1) official copy of the individual marksheets from all current and previous institutions. Consolidated marksheets will not be accepted as official. (unofficial individual marksheets may be used for the review process)正规体育投注. You may upload copies of the individual marksheet(s) to your applicant portal after you have submitted your application.
Letters of Recommendation
Three (3) letters of recommendation in English (*). These should be submitted through our electronic application system or emailed to email@example.com.
- Letters of recommendation that are submitted via email will only be accepted if they are sent directly from the recommender (no exceptions).
- You are not permitted to use letters of recommendation from a different term for a new application, unless it is a deferral.
- Letters of recommendation should be solicited from sources knowledgeable of your academic and professional capabilities.
- They should also describe your qualifications for the specific degree program into which you are applying.
TEST SCORES (COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES INSTITUTION CODE: 4073)
- All graduate degree programs at Mines require completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). We will accept GRE scores from tests taken within the past five years. is now available for you to take the GRE from the comfort of your home. The test is identical in content, format and on-screen experience to the GRE General Test taken at a test center and scores are ready in 10-15 days.
- Students applying to the applied Physics (M.S. or Ph.D.) program and for funding must submit general GRE scores. The score is not required, but is recommended.
- The Division of Economics and Business, Space Resources Program and the Division of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences will accept GMAT scores in place of GRE scores.
- Internet score sheets (screen shots) will be accepted for review. Your name must appear in the screen shot. Please upload this to your application in the Degree Seeking Uploads area. Uploads are considered unofficial. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit your official scores.
Applicants who are not US citizens or permanent residents and whose native language is not English, must submit acceptable English proficiency scores as part of the application process. Tests must have been taken within the past two years to be accepted. Applications that do not have valid scores are considered incomplete and will not be released to the department for review. The English proficiency requirement may be fulfilled by meeting one of the following:
Colorado School of Mines institution code: 4073. Mines requires a minimum score of 79 Internet-based test with minimum section scores as shown below. Tests must have been taken within the past two years to be accepted. If you have multiple valid TOEFL tests, we will superscore your section scores if necessary.
|Subject||Internet TOEFL (iBT)|
We will accept the TOEFL At-Home Test with the same score requirements as those listed above. This test is now available in most countries.
Minimum overall band of 6.5 with no band below 6.0. We are now accepting the At-Home Test with the same score requirements. This test is now available in most countries. If you have multiple valid IELTS tests, we will superscore your band scores if necessary.
Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
正规体育投注Minimum overall score of 53 with no communicative skills score below 50.
We are now temporarily accepting the for fall 2020 applicants. A minimum score of 105 is required.
Other ways to prove English proficiency:
- Completion of a university degree program in an English speaking country (see list below) within the last two (2) years
- You have completed at least 1 year of full-time study (minimum 18 credit hours) at a regionally-accredited US college or university with a grade point average to meet our institutional requirement. Completed within the last two years.
- Completion of two semesters of freshman English composition with a grade of C or better at a regionally-accredited U.S. college or university. (These courses must be completed on an A-F grade scale.)
- You are a citizen of one of the following English-speaking countries:
ANTIGUA and BARBUDA NEW ZEALAND AUSTRALIA NIGERIA BAHAMAS NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS BELIZE PHILIPPINES BOTSWANA SAMOA CANADA SOUTH AFRICA GHANA TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO IRELAND UGANDA JAMAICA UNITED KINGDOM LIBERIA UNITED STATES MAURITIUS ZAMBIA
Statement of Goals
正规体育投注The purpose of the statement of goals is to introduce yourself to the Graduate Admissions Review Committee. In the statement, you should:
- Address professional and personal goals and why Colorado School of Mines would be the best place to achieve those goals
- Any skills or experience you have that you think are applicable to a teaching assistantship or research assistantship award should be addressed in the statement
- The statement is typically one to two pages in length
正规体育投注Your resume should contain a comprehensive list of your:
- Professional experience
- Special projects, etc.
Please include special trainings, projects, internships, etc.
Please note: certificates (athletic, special trainings, internships etc.), published papers, etc. will not be included in your application packet
A non-refundable application fee is required of all applicants. The current discounted fee for applications submitted online by February 1 for fall or September 1 for spring is $80 payable by credit card. Applicants submitting their applications after September 1 for spring will be charged the full application fee of $95. Our online application will only accept fees paid by credit or debit card. If it is necessary to send a check or money order, please make payable to “CSM Graduate School” and send to the address listed below. Applications will not be processed until the fee is received. (If you see an incorrect application fee during the submission process, please STOP, and correct the errors before submitting. If you are only submitting one application your answer to the ‘..second application..’ question will be NO. Once you have saved your changes you should see the correct fee and can complete the submission process).
Financial Statement of Support (After Acceptance)
A financial statement of support will be needed if you are accepted. The financial statement of support will be requested by email by the International Office. You will also receive further instruction by email about obtaining a DS-2019 or I-20 from the International Office upon admission, once your intent to enroll is processed.
Tips to Complete Your Application
In order to speed up the admissions review process, unofficial documents should be uploaded at the time of application.You should upload your documents via the links under the Degree Seeking Uploads in your online application. These must be in .pdf format at 300 dpi. Minimized images will not be accepted. Please do not mail unofficial hard copies of uploaded documents. If for some reason you are not able to upload a required document or you have updates after submission, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official scores and transcripts are required for registering into classes should you be accepted. OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS BECOME PROPERTY OF COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES and will not be returned.
SEND ALL OFFICIAL/SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS TO:
Colorado School of Mines
Office of Admissions
Starzer Welcome Center
1812 Illinois Street
Golden, CO 80401
正规体育投注Once your application is successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please ensure the email address within your online application profile is the appropriate and correct email. Once you have received confirmation you will be able to check the application status through your online application’s homepage. (You will not be able to track an unsubmitted application online). When all the required application materials have been received by the Graduate Admissions Office, your application will be complete and released to the department for review. An email notification will be sent to you when your application has been sent for review. Please keep in mind that you can submit the online application without having the additional required application materials. We will update your application packet as we receive your materials and will release it when all the required application materials have been received.
For questions on immigration-related matters, please feel free to contact our .
Located only 8 miles from Red Rocks Amphitheatre
#8 highest return on investment
in the nation, according to Payscale
Mines alumnus Rob Alkman ’01 currently pilots Air Force Two
“I was able to find my niche. I was able to figure out who I am, what kind of leader I am and what kind of person I want to be in the future.”
Ashlyn Hohenshelt ’19, Mining Engineering
“I am really proud of this school and really proud of the legacy we’ve been building here.”
Joe Popp ’19, Mechanical Engineering, former outfielder for Mines Baseball
“The climbing around Mines is awesome. Some of the best outdoor climbing in the country is just minutes away from Mines, which is pretty cool.”
Galen Vincent ’19, Engineering Physics