Costs and Financial Aid
Questions about tuition and fees? Click the button below to access cost of attendance information.
Paying For Graduate School
Teaching and Research Assistantships
Teaching Assistantships (TA) and Reaseach Assistantships (RA) contracts typically cover one academic year and most are awarded in the Fall.
Research Assistantships正规体育投注 allow you an opportunity to do research supported by funds from sponsored projects. The terms of these appointments and the qualifications for them depend on the sponsoring agency and the faculty member.
Teaching Assistantships may be awarded to you to assist in the education of undergraduate students by conducting laboratories and assisting professors. The departments have a limited number of TAs to award: these are normally reserved for full-time degree students who have demonstrated academic excellence. It is a school policy that students with TAs do not have full responsibility for teaching courses.
Graduate Assistantships正规体育投注 are awarded to supplement TAs and RAs to pay for your student fees, health insurance, etc. You may also be selected to receive a tuition award through this assistantship.
Additional information can be found on Assistantship Policies page
Tuition Payment Options
Mines offers various tuition payment options. See Payment Options for more details.
You may be eligible for financial aid as a graduate student. Loans are available for qualified U.S. domestic graduate students. You can find additional information on the financial aid process here: .
An updated () must be submitted each year for assistance from our Financial Aid Office.
Below are links to financial aid search engines. The Graduate Office does not endorse any particular service. We encourage the use of any free service available for finding scholarships.
- This free page gives you links to search engines, information on loans, special opportunities for specific types of students, and testing information.
- FastWEB is a database of private sector scholarships, fellowships, grants, and loans.
- International Education Financial Aid website. Aids international students in finding funding for study.
- The Graduate Program Guide for students created by students.
- A free search engine of reputable private scholarships available to students.
- Institute for Broadening Participation - Pathways to Science
Other Graduate Fellowships
Outside Graduate Fellowships
Western Regional Graduate Program
,, promotes the sharing of higher education resources among the participating western states. The allows master’s, graduate certificate, and Ph.D. students who are residents of the WICHE member states to enroll in more than 400 high-quality programs at 60 public institutions outside of their home state and pay resident tuition. Here at Mines, residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawai'i, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming, as well as the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and Guam, who are enrolled in qualifying graduate programs, may be eligible for in-state tuition classification.
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
You may also qualify if you are from the following U.S. Territory/Commonwealth:
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Reside in a WICHE state for at least nine consecutive months prior to the beginning of the first academic term of WRGP acceptance.
- Proof of a permanent address in the WICHE state.
- Payment of state income tax on wages earned in the WICHE state.
- Proof of eligibility can be demonstrated by submitting three of the following items:
- Vehicle registration
- Driver’s license
- State income tax return
- Utility bill dated nine months ago
Future students can upload the the above materials within the online application or email to email@example.com.