Current Mines Students
Is there a graduate degree in your future?
正规体育投注What is separating you from a master’s degree? In many cases it is simply two semesters! Many degree programs at Mines offer you the opportunity to begin work on a Graduate Certificate, Professional Master’s Degree, Master’s of Science Degree, or a Master’s of Engineering Degree while completing the requirements for your Bachelor’s degree. These combined undergraduate/graduate programs have been created by Mines faculty with you in mind.
Graduate admissions process
Any Mines undergraduate student interested in applying for a graduate degree program as a combined BS/(Master’s or Doctoral) degree student should:
- Contact the academic department offering the graduate degree or the Office of Admissions for application requirement details. Requirements vary by department.
- Submit the online graduate admissions application during your junior year.
- You must be admitted by census day of your last semester as an undergraduate.
- You will need to apply to the next available academic term. If admitted, the Office of Admissions will update your admissions offer term to the correct term for your graduate degree.
Graduate application requirements for Mines undergraduates
Below is a listing of required documents that you must submit to complete your admissions profile.
- Transcript: You will need to submit one (1) official copy of transcripts from all universities/colleges you have attended. (Official Mines undergraduate/graduate transcripts will not be requested by the Office of Admissions. ) Please pull your unofficial transcript from Trailhead and upload this as your unofficial Mines transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation: Please have your recommenders submit letters through the online application system or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation should be solicited from sources knowledgeable of your academic and professional capabilities. They should also describe your qualifications for the specific degree program into which you are applying. You should always contact recommenders to discuss using them as a reference. Please contact the Office of Admissions or your department of interest to determine the number of letters required.
- GRE: Many departments waive the GRE requirement for Mines undergraduate students applying to a combined program. However, some departments require the GRE for combined program students. Please contact the Office of Admissions or your department of interest to determine if the GRE is required.
- Statement of Goals: The purpose of the statement of goals is to introduce yourself to the Graduate Admissions Review Committee. In the statement, you should address professional and personal goals, as well as why Colorado School of Mines would be the best place to achieve those goals. In addition, any skills or experience you have that you think are applicable to a Teaching Assistantship or Research Assistantship award should be addressed in the statement. It is typically one to two pages in length.
- is a great resource!
- A discounted, non-refundable $25 online application fee is required of all Mines applicants.
正规体育投注Once your application is successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure the email address on your online application profile is correct. Once you have received confirmation you will be able to check the application status through your online application’s homepage. When all the required application materials have been received by the Office of Admissions your application will be complete and released to the department for review. An email notification will be sent to you when your application has been sent for review. Please keep in mind that you can submit the online application without having the additional required application materials. We will update your application packet as we receive your materials and will release your application when all the required items have been received.
When applying to the combined program, we suggest that you:
- Visit the Combined Registration Page for detailed information about the Combined Program. Contact the Office of Admissions, if you have any questions.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office to see how the Combined Program will impact any aid you may be receiving.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office to verify your undergraduate graduation date and for information about completing the required forms.
You must be enrolled between your undergraduate and graduate programs.
正规体育投注After graduating with your BS degree, you must be enrolled as a graduate student for a minimum of one semester to obtain a graduate degree.